Once a devout conservative...
By Cody Andrus I was a proud, devout conservative for 40 years of my life. I voted for Bush twice. I never voted for Obama. I spent 8 years writing a conservative column for a newspaper. I planned to vote for Trump over Hillary. But when the Billy Bush recording surfaced, I decided to show an ounce of class and not vote for either candidate. After Trump won, I was defensive of him for 4 years. I liked that he didn’t “put up with any crap with the media.” He might not be perfect but he was getting things done, etc. All the usual stuff. My feelings changed on January 6th. This is when I saw the true colors of (the vast majority of) conservatives. I realized these wacky liberals I’ve complained about my whole life are now the reasonable ones. And (the vast majority of) conservatives simply don’t stand for anything. If you keep up with the news and consider yourself a well-informed person and you’re okay with what Trump did on January 6th, there is something fundamentally wrong with y...
